Teambuilding vs timspirit
ER - What is Team Building? And what is timspirit? What tasks lie in their based on?
Teambuilding - a method of improving productivity through the introduction of the principles of cooperation within the team. "At one achieves more" - if the efforts of each team member are aimed at achieving common first, and only then private purposes, each will receive more than the quest for private purposes only.
Timspirit - this is one of the results of the use of team-building, as a method. Is, as a rule, in general positive attitude on the team teamwork and positive internal relations in general. Creating timspirita is the most common, and at the same time the most common task team building.
In addition to creating timspirita, teambuilding activities can address more narrowly focused - a clear awareness of the team overall objectives, roles, trust, situational leadership, the establishment of communication and decision-making processes, responsible for the overall result, and so on.
In the Russian practice, there are quite conventional division into "team building" and "timspirit."
ER - Is it important difference - or is it a ploy to sell?
The division into "team building" and "timspirit" is not quite correct - as already stated above, timspirit is one of the objectives of team building. Rightly divide the team building on the "training" (in the terminology of the author's question - actually "team building") and "active" (in the terminology of the author's question - "timspirit"). The difference is present, but both areas largely overlap.
ER - What can give examples of both directions?
The division into "training" and "active" can be characterized as follows:
- The aim - to accomplish specific tasks communication, roles, leadership
- Small (up to 20) the number of participants
- There are objective prerequisites for training: the crisis of the interaction, the influx of new employees, the start of a difficult project ...
- Employee participation necessarily
- During the game the participants have the opportunity to discuss their mistakes and offer new options
- process supervised coach
- The leaders need to change - all employees can stay in the role of leaders
- There is awareness of the synergy
- opened and resolve conflict situations
- After the game, the analysis of the successes and failures, give feedback, conclusions, written report
- At the end of the training staff immediately go home
- Active holidays
- Purpose - a general increase in the corporate spirit, increase employee loyalty
- Great (500-600), the number of participants
- Is there a date by which it is possible to coincide with the corporate field trips and an active program
- Participation of voluntary
- In the game there is a spontaneous interaction
- The process manages the instructor or leader
- The leaders are determined spontaneously and sometimes seize power for the entire period of the game
- There is a synergy
- Group avoids conflicts
- After the game, formed an information stand-report with photos
- At the end of games arranged buffet, fireworks, dancing
ER - What real projects dominate in Russia - still "Building" or "spirit"?
The project "active rest" ("spirit") is undoubtedly more - because, firstly, they are designed for a much larger number of participants, and, most importantly, the objective need for them is much higher. Projects of "active rest" should be carried out regularly, while "training" - in the event of specific need.
ER - What are the most interesting and demonstration projects of these areas have been implemented by your company?
We have every year to develop new programs, so I'm interested in is basically what has yet to be this summer. From what has been - shooting movies, quests, voynushka, trophy raids. "Ropes Course" and analogues long relegated to the third plan, now our opportunities are much wider than they were even five years ago.
The head of the company "Team Building Club" Nicholas Zagrebel'nyi
Saint-Petersburg, March 25, 2010