Incentive: 2 days
The Ropes Course is a classic program for team building training, which traditionally takes place in the forest. It got its name from the equipment used in the program – various ropes and cables, and special safety equipment. The Ropes Course can be held either in the woods, where the equipment is fixed to the crowns of the trees, or at any other location where the ropes can be fixed to frames - a factory, stadium, large gym, etc.
The Ropes Course training is aimed at developing positive inter-relations among the participants, self-confidence and trust in teammates, the formation of effective communication channels and methods of decision-making, developing the ability to make quick decisions in emergency situations, increasing the motivation to work together to achieve common goals, and encourage corporate spirit among the participants.
You can choose one of several available Ropes-Course scenarios, depending on the purpose, number of participants, season, and venue. The classic version offers a treasure hunt, where participants will compete to find a chest with treasures, hidden somewhere in the woods. All the participants are divided into teams of 8-10 people. Every team will have to overcome a number of logical and physical obstacles, earning pieces of the treausre map. Each accomplished task in the Ropes Course brings a new fragment of the map to the team.
Low Ropes obstacles include:
- Spider Web — the team is supposed to get to the other side of a Spider Web by crawling through its cells, but each cell can be used only once — 1 person, 1 cell.
- Swamp — the team needs to cross an imaginary swamp with the help of the equipment found on the spot. They will have to build a special crossing through the swamp, without touching its “waters”.
- Mega skis — the whole team gets on huge skis and has to stay on throughout the course while navigating some obstacles on the way.
- Bike trial — one of the team members has to cover a certain distance on a bicycle but only riding on special wooden shields, which are moved by his teammates.
- Fishing rod — the whole team tries to catch"fish" while blindfolded, using a huge rod and tips called out by their teammates.
- Carousel — the team balances the "swing" using the participants as “weights”.
- Labyrinth — the team tries to make a ball pass through a labyrinth on a shield which they hold behind their backs while one of the team members is advising them.
- Totem — one of the participants is blindfolded and has to put together the pieces of the Totem following the rest of the team’s instructions.
- Elastic rope — a person, attached to a tree by an elastic rope, tries to collect “bagels" located at different distances from him.
High Ropes obstacles include:
- The Wheel — one of the participants or the whole team has to go through a high-hanging "wheel" (in a lunge belt) with the support of the team.
- Cliffhanger — one of the participants or the whole team climbs blindfolded up a small climbing wall (in a lunge belt)
- Jump to the trapeze — one or several team members have to jump and catch the trapeze at a height of 10 meters (in a lunge belt).
If you prefer to to have your corporate event organized in the format of a party, well, it also can include a Ropes Course. Then the focus will not be on the results and rewards, since the competitive element is not important, and all the tasks will be simplified. Nevertheless, such a format works fairly well at achieving tangible team-building results. Traditionally we organize such events outdoors in summer and indoors in winter.