Incentive: 2 days
Pinhole, or pinhole camera, is a photographic apparatus without a lens, the role of which is played by a small aperture. Pinhole cameras are made manually by the photographers themselves. The pinhole camera consists of a lightproof box with a small hole on one side and with a sheet of black and white photo paper on the other. The simplest solution for a pinhole camera is an ordinary tin box of a small size, in any part of which a hole is made - the lens. As a shutter, a piece of cardboard on sticky tape can be used.
To take an artistic photo, you can take several lenses, as well as arrange photo paper inside the camera in any bizarre way.
Slow shutter speed is required when shooting - an average of 5 to 15 minutes. Therefore, a pinhole is best suited for taking landscape images with a soft image. The ideal territory for photo team building is the historical center of St. Petersburg - and in any weather (during daylight hours).
One of the features of the pinhole - thanks to long exposures, there are no random passers-by in the photo - the streets are always empty. On a clear day, you can also take portraits, but in this case, be prepared to sit for at least a few minutes without moving :) You can also shoot the pinhole indoors, in which case the shutter speed will be from 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the lighting power. P >
Of course, shooting with a pinhole camera is not complete without the know-how, which we will definitely share. Most of the secrets relate to the production of the camera - we know how to do it easily, quickly, and practically with a guarantee of a high-quality result.
- 12:00 Distribution of materials, explanation of the basics of pinhole photography and basic techniques for making a pinhole camera. Everyone chooses a tin box (can), chooses the location of the “lens” and photo paper on it. Manufacture and inspection of cameras.
- 12:30 We charge photo paper in a dark room. Depending on the room’s capabilities, we either turn off the main lighting in the entire room, or perform the procedure in turn in a specially prepared room.
- 12:40 Taking photographs, exposures depending on the weather (or the brightness of the lighting in the room) from 5 to 30 minutes.
- 13:00-14:00 The most exciting moment, causing a lot of emotions: developing photos, as photographers are ready. After development, an express-drying is carried out: 10 minutes - and the photo is ready.
- 14:00-15:00 Photo exhibition, voting for the best work, awards in various nominations.
In the process of manufacturing pinhole cameras and the filming itself, team building participants communicate, consult, and help each other. Nevertheless, it is possible to unite participants into teams so that all the most critical operations (charging photo paper and developing) - the team performed together while in a dark room :)